Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PARTICIPATING IN THE DEFENDER TROPHY BY ZA TRAX:
1. CONTRACT, BOOKING CONDITIONS & JURISDICTION- A contract will not exist between ZA TRAX and the Defender Trophy participant/s until such time as we have received a completed / signed copy of our standard Terms and Conditions.
When the participant book with ZA TRAX, they agree that South African law (and no other) will apply to the contract and to any dispute, claim or other matter which arises between the participant and ZA TRAX.
2. DEPOSITS / FULL PAYMENT -Unless otherwise specified, a non-refundable and non-transferable full payment of the total tour / travel price, per person, is payable with reservation.
ZA TRAX will accept payment by EFT.
3. CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS – Participants who cancel within:
89 to 45 days prior to departure will forfeit 50% of total event price,
44 to 0 days prior to departure will forfeit 100% of total event price
Refunds will be made in ZAR, and will be based on the ZAR spot rate at the time of payment.
4. INSURANCE – Insurance is the participant’s responsibility and all participants are strongly urged to take out travel insurance, covering personal accident, medical expenses, baggage and loss of deposit through cancellation and / or default of the individual principal service providers.
5. TOUR ITINERARIES & PARTICIPATION – ZA TRAX is an adventure tour operator and conduct adventure tours and events. We often visit off-the beaten track destinations and routes where western infrastructure is lacking. We do our utmost to provide all the comforts to the participants and as indicated in the specific event itinerary. Event itineraries / travel arrangements may be subject to alteration where necessary according to local conditions en route, without prior notice. Due to various prevailing / unforeseen circumstances, tours and events are not always able to follow the provisional / suggested routing as set out in the tour brochure or published itinerary. Information contained therein should therefore be regarded as a basic guide only.
While every effort is made to keep to all pre-confirmed itineraries, we reserve the right to make changes for your convenience.
No refund will be considered for any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic inclusive tour price or whether they are in respect of pre-booked optional arrangements.
6. DOCUMENTATION – It is the personal responsibility of each participant to ensure that they are in possession of the correct documentation prior to departure. The company shall not accept responsibility or liability for any consequences of any nature whatsoever arising from the participant failing to ensure that he / she has complied with the necessary health / passport / visa requirements where applicable.
7. PASSPORTS, VISAS, VACCINATIONS AND INOCULATIONS – Where applicable the responsibility to obtain proper, current and valid passports, visas, vaccinations, inoculations and the like as and where required, is that of the participant/s alone. ZA TRAX shall not be responsible or liable for any consequence of any nature arising from the customer failing to ensure that he / she has complied with all such requirements. The Participant must ensure that their passport is valid for at least six months beyond the end of the travel period.
8. EVENT DELAYS – ZA TRAX does not hold itself responsible for any delays prior to departure, or during the course of its tours and events, brought about by technical difficulties, strikes, weather conditions or any other unforeseen circumstances which are beyond its control. It is understood that any expenses relating to these unscheduled extensions (e.g. hotels, meals, airfares, telephone calls, etc.) will be for the participant’s account. Losses due to travel delays may not be refundable, however we will always do our best to negotiate refunds on behalf of participants.
9. FORCE MAJEURE (SUPERIOR FORCE) – ZA TRAX does not accept liability or pay you compensation where the performance of our contractual obligations is affected by “force majeure” (included but not limited to war, threat of war, riot, civil or political unrest, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions, closure of ports or airports, air traffic control delays, technical problems), or other circumstances amounting to “force majeure”. The company will always do its best to assist participants where necessary and or possible.
10. UNUSED SERVICES – No refunds will be considered for any unused services irrespective of whether they form part of the basic package, or whether they are in respect of pre-booked optional arrangements.
11. SPECIAL REQUESTS & DIETARY REQUIREMENTS – Should you have any special requests these should be conveyed to us at the time of booking. ZA TRAX will endeavour to comply with special requests however we cannot guarantee that these special requests will be met.
12. INDEMNITY – All tour participants will be required to complete a standard indemnity form on arrival at the point of departure.
The participant will not be allowed to depart on the tour or event if the indemnity form is not signed by all participants.