Welcome to the magic of the Defender Trophy Limpopo 2020, which will take place in the Great Limpopo Transfrontier Park – South Africa, Zimbabwe Mozambique!
Sunday 17 May
- We will meet you at OR Tambo International l airport, and transfer you to Rhino & Lion Nature Reserve just outside Johannesburg, where your fully kitted-out rental Defender will be waiting for you
- Luxury accommodation at Rhino & Lion Lodge
Monday 18 May
- Depart after breakfast and drive through rural South Africa with highways and byways to Awelani Community Lodge in Venda
- Welcome activities at Awelani Lodge
- Luxury accommodation at Awelani Lodge
Tuesday 19 May
- Start of the Defender Trophy Limpopo 2020!
- Depart from Awelani, exit South Africa, cross the mighty Limpopo river, and enter Zimbabwe through an undesignated border post, and drive into the Sengwe corridor.
- Visit a school or clinic for a humanitarian outreach, and camp at a community campsite if available
Wednesday 20 May
- Cross the Mwenezi (Nuanetzi) river and camp wild in the Mabalauta section of the Gonarezhou National Park.
- This is a Big5 Country!
Thursday 21 May
- This is wild Africa at its best!
- From Mabalauta proceed through the Park to the Chipinda area, cross the Runde river, and camp in close proximity to the Chilojo Cliffs.
Friday 22 May
- Exit Gonarezhou National Park, and drive to the Sango border post and exit Zimbabwe.
- Enter Mozambique, and drive to the Limpopo river where we will wild camp on the banks of the river.
Saturday 23 May
- Cross the Limpopo river, and drive to the Pafuri border post.
- Exit Mozambique at the Pafuri border post, enter South Africa and the Kruger National Park and drive through the Kruger National Park to Punda Maria gate.
- Exit KNP and proceed to the nearby Awelani or Copa Copa community lodge where the event will end
- Rental Land Rover Defender – fully kitted out for comfortable camping in the wild, including dome tents, stretchers, fridge/freezer, quality bedding, hot water shower, fold-up toilet to use in the bush
- Two-way radio communication between vehicles
- Accommodation & camping from Sunday 17 May up to and including Saturday 23 May
- All meals (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) starting with dinner on Sunday 17 May, ending with lunch on Sunday 24 May
- Fuel and toll for the duration of the trip
- Event entry fees, park fees, vehicle border fees
- Visas (please enquire with us if needed)
- Emergency medical insurance – please arrange your own
Rate: GBP 6500.00 per team (2 x participants) / Please enquire if you would like to add more participants.
Full amount payable at registration / Standard Terms and Conditions apply