Defender Trophy Cape 2021 – Programme & Route information
Welcome to the Defender Trophy Cape 2021, which will take place on the Transkei Wild Coast .
Note: This is not a driving competition, but a family friendly overland fun event aimed at Defender enthusiasts. Each day participants receive a questionnaire about the local culture, fauna, flora and of course Land Rover, and the “team” with the highest score will be the winners!
PROGRAMME & ACCOMMODATION
Day Zero: Tuesday 27 April 2021
- Arrive at Coffee Bay campsite in your own time.
- Registration and welcome activities at Coffee Bay campsite.
- Camping at Coffee Bay – limited communal ablutions
Day One: Wednesday 28 2021
- 08h00: Start of the Defender Trophy Cape 2021!
- Depart from Coffee Bay campsite and drive to the mouth of the Mthatha river – fishing competition !! (catch & release)
- After 2 hours of fun and games. we will depart for Hole in the Wall, where we will be able to experience this natural wonder from close up ….
- Camping back at Coffee Bay campsite
- DINNER – SEAFOOD SURPRISE (included)
Day Two: Thursday 29 April 2021
- Depart from Coffee Bay and follow spectacular scenic routes across the Mncwasa, Xhora and Mbashe rivers to Dwesa-Cwebe Nature & Marine Reserve.
- Enjoy the “untouched” wilderness, beaches and clear waters of the Wild Transkei coast!
Camping at Dwesa Nature Reserve – limited communal ablutions.
Day Three: Friday 30 April 2021
Depart after breakfast.
We will once again drive inland across the green valleys of the Wild Transkei as we
explore our way through this rural “wonderland”, before swinging back for the mighty
Indian ocean, and our final destination – Kob Inn Hotel.
PRIZE GIVING DINNER – included
Accommodation: Kob Inn (Dinner and breakfast basis)
Saturday 01 May 2021
- Depart after breakfast in your own time 🙂
- Participation in the Defender Trophy Cape 2021
- Park entry fees
- Camping fees
- Accommodation at Kob Inn
- Dinner at Coffee Bay campsite
- Prize giving & dinner at Kob Inn
- Main Sponsor’s prize: TBA
- First Prize: Set of 4x BFGoodrich tyres
- Second Prize: SuperWinch winch
- Third Prize: MadMan engine monitoring system
- Plus goody-bags and lots more !!
- Catering – except for the 2 x dinners including the prize giving dinner
Rate: R 9250.00.00 per team (2 x participants) / R 1500.00 per additional participant
Full amount payable at registration / Standard Terms and Conditions apply
ONLINE REGISTRATION: WWW.DEFENDERTROPHY.COM