Defender Trophy Cape 2021 – Programme & Route information
Welcome to the Defender Trophy Cape 2021, which will take place on the Transkei Wild Coast .
Note: This is not a driving competition, but a family friendly overland fun event aimed at Defender enthusiasts. Each day participants receive a questionnaire about the local culture, fauna, flora and of course Land Rover, and the “team” with the highest score will be the winners!
PROGRAMME & ACCOMMODATION
Day Zero: Tuesday 27 April 2021
- Arrive at Coffee Bay campsite in your own time.
- Registration and welcome activities at Coffee Bay campsite.
- Camping at Coffee Bay – limited communal ablutions
Day One: Wednesday 28 April 2021
- 08h00: Start of the Defender Trophy Cape 2021!
- Depart from Coffee Bay campsite and drive to the mouth of the Mthatha river – fishing competition !! (catch & release)
- After 2 hours of fun and games. we will depart for Hole in the Wall, where we will be able to experience this natural wonder from close up ….
- Camping back at Coffee Bay campsite
- DINNER – SEAFOOD SURPRISE (included)
Day Two: Thursday 29 April 2021
- Depart from Coffee Bay and follow spectacular scenic routes across the Mncwasa, Xhora and Mbashe rivers to Dwesa-Cwebe Nature & Marine Reserve.
- Enjoy the “untouched” wilderness, beaches and clear waters of the Wild Transkei coast!
- Camping at Dwesa Nature Reserve – limited communal ablutions.
Day Three: Friday 30 April 2021
- Depart after breakfast.
- We will once again drive inland across the green valleys of the Wild Transkei as we
- explore our way through this rural “wonderland”, before swinging back for the mighty
- Indian ocean, and our final destination – Kob Inn Hotel.
- PRIZE GIVING DINNER – included
- Accommodation: Kob Inn (Dinner and breakfast basis)
Saturday 01 May 2021
- Depart after breakfast in your own time 🙂
- Participation in the Defender Trophy Cape 2021
- Park entry fees
- Camping fees
- Accommodation at Kob Inn
- Dinner at Coffee Bay campsite
- Prize giving & dinner at Kob Inn
- Main Sponsor’s prize: TBA
- First Prize: Set of 4x BFGoodrich tyres
- Second Prize: SuperWinch winch
- Third Prize: MadMan engine monitoring system
- Plus goody-bags and lots more !!
Catering – except for the 2 x dinners including the prize giving dinner
Rate: R 9250.00.00 per team (2 x participants) / R 1500.00 per additional participant
Full amount payable at registration / Standard Terms and Conditions apply
ONLINE REGISTRATION: WWW.DEFENDERTROPHY.COM